Why Hire a Surveyor?
When Purchasing A Vessel:
- To uncover structural and safety defects.
- To test and evaluate equipment condition.
- To identify immediate and future maintenance projects.
- To qualify the vessel for both insurance and financing.
- To aid in renegotiating the purchase price.
When Insuring A Vessel:
- To assess the vessel for policy renewal or a new underwriter.
- To ensure the vessel meets current safety standards.
When Filing A Claim:
- To expedite the repair process.
- To act as mediator between owner, underwriter, and repair facility.
- To ensure repairs / restoration maintains hull integrity, especially for resale value. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR PASSENGERS AND CREW!
One more good reason to have any potential purchases surveyed.